Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Even though I still haven't finished writing about my LAST shipment, I know many of you out there are asking yourselves "Exactly what is Dave going to get from DCBS this week?" And I'm here to set your collective minds at ease. My box, if you please:

CHECKMATE #7
CREEPER #3
CATWOMAN #60
CASANOVA #5
SHADOWPACT #6
AUTHORITY #1
SCOUT VOL 1 TP
SHOWCASE PRESENTS PHANTOM STRANGER VOL 1 TP
DAREDEVIL #90
NEXTWAVE: AGENTS OF HATE #9
SEVEN SOLDIERS #1
DESOLATION JONES #7
100 BULLETS #77
HELLBLAZER #225
UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS #4
THE BOYS #4
PLANETARY #26
JACK OF FABLES #4

Pretty big haul, eh? I'm hoping that Seven Soldiers will ship; it's still on my invoice, and they haven't notified me otherwise, so I'm assuming that it will be there. But as we all know, as Steven Seagal's scriptwriter for Under Siege 2 so cleverly put it, "Assumption is the mother of all fuckups."

I'm also looking forward to rereading those collected issues of Scout; I had a pretty good run of that Tim Truman title back in the day but didn't keep them when I sold most of my original collection back in 1987. It's too bad that the backup feature for many of them, J.K. Synder's Fashion in Action, won't be included. The Showcase Presents Phantom Stranger collection is also something I'm anticipating; many of those really early issues I've never read, or haven't in at least two decades, maybe more. Of course, I'm always happy to get new issues of Planetary, Desolation Jones(I've liked what I've seen of new artist Danijel Zezelj in the past),Catwoman, Daredevil, and Nextwave. Not so eagerly anticipated are titles I've already decided to bail on and am just playing out the string: Creeper, Checkmate, and Shadowpact. I'm liking Uncle Sam OK so far, and I'm still making an effort to get into Casanova, just because something tells me I should.

Oh, and I also got the Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall HC! And uf cuss I'll review it soon.

And yes, I crossposted this from the LJ. Just because.

OK, thanks for your time, you may now resume normal activity, whatever that may be.

No comments: