Friday, December 09, 2005

Please stand by for the following retraction:

When I posted the list of "comics I'll be getting this week according to the Diamond Shipping List", I failed to take into account that when I placed the order with DCBS for the comics that will be coming out in December, I decided to save about $4 and get my books shipped every two weeks instead of every week. But I had forgotten that it was starting this month. So no comics for me this week! Which also means no comics for me to review this week, either. But boy, will I have a big'un next Friday...

I did get a package from the wonderful folks at Oni Press, but unfortunately, they sent me copies of comics I already had bought, including Local #1, Polly and the Pirates #2, and Banana Sunday #4. Didn't I tell ya? They also sent me a copy of Off Road, the GN by Sean Murphy that I enjoyed a lot when I read it in B&W preview form. I'm beginning to think that I should perhaps come up with some sort of contest or something to give away some of the duplicate comics I've begun to acquire over the last year or so. So far, I've yet to come up with anything.

Here's something amusing, found at CzelticGirl's: Serenity, as reenacted by hand puppets. Beware of spoilers, if you haven't seen the film. And if you haven't, well, I hate you.

One thing I hope to do before the weekend is over is a new Johnny B Heart Netflix. I've seen several movies since the last time I did one, and I think I should devote a paragraph or three to them. Of course, a lot of it depends on how much computer time I have- we're going Christmas shopping tomorrow, I have to work Sunday morning, and then of course there is football on Sunday afternoon. But my beloved underacheiving Falcons don't play till Monday night, so I might just do some blogging that afternoon. We shall see.

Pirates. And aliens. Everybody loves pirates and aliens, right? And someone's launched a new webcomic with that very title. Go look at it, m'kay?

That's all I can think of for now. Good night, Austin, Texas, wherever you are.

No comments: