Monday, December 05, 2005

Blogger's been on the fritz, no surprise there, and it's late so I need to get some sleep...so what am I doing? Am I forsaking the call of the blog spot template, thinking that no one's gonna read whatever I write (or no more than usual, anyway) so forget it and go tobed? NO! I'm blogging while listening to the Seahawks blowing out the Eagles in the other room.

And continuing that time-honored tradition here at the Show, a little thing I like to call WHAT I'M GETTING THIS WEEK ACCORDING TO THE NEW DIAMOND SHIPPING LIST!

GOTHAM CENTRAL #38
JONAH HEX #2
SEVEN SOLDIERS: MISTER MIRACLE #2
POWERS #15
ULTIMATES 2 #9
LOVE & ROCKETS VOL 2 #15
NAT TURNER #2
SURROGATES #3

And maybe, just maybe, I'll saunter into the comics shop and get

HARD TIME SEASON TWO #1: I got real curious about this due to positive word-of-mouth, but then I saw where DC made the odd decision to release the trade collection of Vol. 1 with only half the story therein. I probably would have picked up a complete collection, or both together if they had felt it necessary to release two, but I don't think I want to read the first half dozen or so issues of V1 and then start up with V2 #1. There's a teeny gap there. Game time decision, I guess- I would imagine the V1 back issues aren't especially difficult to find...

You should buy, but I probably won't due to budget concerns

CHARLES BURNS LIBRARY VOL 1: EL BORBAH SC

I read most of these in Heavy Metal years ago, and enjoyed them tremendously. Burns is one of the modern greats. But I just don't have the $17 right now. Maybe when my LCS has their big pre-Christmas 12-day sale I'll get this. Maybe even Black Hole, too!

DEMO COLLECTION TP

I toldja about this yesterday.

TAROT: WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #31

...nah, I'm just messin' with ya.

No comments: