Friday, December 16, 2005

Looks like a busy weekend for me, plus there are three games tomorrow...so I'l take this opportunity to issue forth another edition of JOHNNY B'S FEARLESS NFL PIGSKIN PICKS!

Last week, 11-5, meh. Season to date, 128-65 (+/- 1), .663.

First, disclaimer city:

THESE PICKS ARE FOR (my own, and presumably your) AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THESE PREDICTIONS AND BET YOUR HARD-EARNED OR SOFT-EARNED MONEY ON THEM, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT THE NFL THAN THE AVERAGE FAN, AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO BE INCORRECT QUITE FREQUENTLY! AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME- I MIGHT BE CRAZY, OR F*CKING WITH YOU!

NEW ENGLAND over Tampa Bay. Wishful thinking? Maybe...
NY GIANTS over Kansas City
DENVER over Buffalo
ARIZONA over Houston
CAROLINA over New Orleans. No amount of wishful thinking will let the Aints beat the Panthers.
INDIANAPOLIS over San Diego. This should be a hell of a game, though. The Colts' D will prove the difference.
JACKSONVILLE over San Francisco
ST. LOUIS over Philadelphia. The nightmare continues for the Iggles.
MIAMI over the NY Jets
SEATTLE over Tennessee. The Seahawks are bound to lose again sometime, but I just can't see it against the punchless Titans.
MINNESOTA over Pittsburgh. Sometimes you just gotta play a hunch.
CINCINNATI over Detroit. The Bengals better watch out for a letdown...
OAKLAND over Cleveland
DALLAS over Washington
GREEN BAY over Baltimore
aaaand...

ATLANTA over Chicago. But they better run the ball. And run some more. Both Dunn and Duckett. And Vick, too. And even give the ball on an end around to White, Jenkins and Finneran. I wanna see a 80-20 run-to-pass ratio. I hope the Bears' D will accomodate my wishes! If the Falcons can win this game, they'll finish with back-to-back winning records for the first time in team history, which stretches back to 1966!


Update 12/18, 10:33 pm: Apologies to everyone for picking the Falcons- I was picking with my heart instead of my head. I should have known better than to think that they could go up there in freezing temps with their soft D and befuddled QB and beat the Bears with that defense. Same for that Dallas/Washington game.

No comments: