Saturday, December 31, 2005

It just occurred to me that I neglected to indulge myself in my weekly...well, indulgence: NEW COMICS I'M GETTING THIS WEEK FROM DCBS!

WIMBLEDON GREEN, GREATEST COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR IN THE WORLD HC: Looks like a lot of fun from a preview I saw somewhere; proof positive that sort of thing works once in a while.

LIGHT BRIGADE TP: I declined to buy this when it was released as singles, but I've grown curious since then. I'm hoping for a sort of Soldier of the Great War meets Lucifer vibe.

SEVEN SOLDIERS: THE BULLETEER #2
Time for my long-awaited dose of silver plated T&A.

TOP 10: BEYOND THE FARTHEST PRECINCT #5
Churlish as it may sound, I'm kinda glad this one's over. It's like watching Eartha Kitt and John Astin play the Catwoman and Riddler on the third season of the Batman TV show.

HELLBLAZER #215
LUCIFER #69
BPRD: THE BLACK FLAME #5
Nothing to say about these. Sad, I know.

TESTAMENT #1
The preview in a recent issue of Neverwhere, I believe it was, convinced me to give it a go.

SILENT DRAGON #6
THE KEEP #3
I tend to be a completist and hate to bail on limited series, and these are proof positive of that.

CATWOMAN #50
Kudos to Will Pfiefer and Pete Woods for giving us such a solid superhero book.

SOLO #8
Not particularly a fan of Teddy Kristiansen, although he had some moments of brilliance on House of Secrets so long ago- so refer to my earlier comments about completist tendencies.

DAREDEVIL #80
Is it time for Brubaker and Lark yet? Huh? Huh?

And since I know you missed it, here's this week's Diamond shipping list.

I considered visiting the LCS for PERHAPANAUTS #2, but couldn't be arsed, as our friends from across the pond say.

Will this be the last post of 2005? Check back and see!

No comments: