Friday, April 11, 2003

Time once again for the Friday Five!

Ooh, music questions!

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?

Alice Cooper, with Suzi Quatro opening on the Welcome to My Nightmare tour in 1975. Alice's first solo tour; I've always regretted not seeing him with the A.C. Group.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?

Well, the Beatles will always be my favorites. There are many many others whom I revere from any decade you can name, but the Fabs I revere before all others.

3. What's your favorite song?

There's no way in hell I can choose just one. Sorry.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?

I can play guitar and trumpet, not very well mind you, but I always thought it would be cool to play violin, so violin it is.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?

I always wanted to meet John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Sandy Denny or Frank Zappa. Kinda late for that now, I suppose. Why? Because I always admired their music and wanted to let them know somehow. Living, I suppose it would be Bill Nelson, Robert Fripp, or Neil Young, although he's supposed to be a bit of a jerk. I'd have to smack him on the back of the head for withholding CD release of Time Fades Away and On the Beach. Dave Cousins. I might get the opportunity next month!

No comments: