Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Thought I'd write a few lines whilst letting today's comics settle in my brain and foment opinionation.

On a personal note, we finally got that g-darned April (formerly "Master") catalog out the fricking door. That little publication, owing to everything from the "Everybody in the company gets to look at it and suggest changes" policy apparently in place, to procedural glitches, to mindless, constant re-pagination to acts of God in the form of inclimate weather, shutting down FedEx and preventing the initial shipment from going out on time to the printers, has become a soul killing burden that all of us have had a more or less equal share in. Tonight was the first night in over a week that I got to leave when I was supposed to, at five o'clock. And this is not a good thing, I'm on salary. Anyway, it's gone...but our little publications are like the zombies in Return of the Living Dead; they want to eat your brain and are damn near impossible to kill! Maybe now my life can get back to some semblance of normalcy. Until the next catalog. But you know what? In spite of all that, I do like my job and consider myself fortunate to have it. Really. I shit you not.

I found a neat Marx Brothers site the other day while clicking around; here it is. I am proud to say I've seen every Marx film at least once...Duck Soup is still my favorite.

I suppose now it's been officially stated for the record– this is the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Oh well, that's OK. All things must pass, as the saying goes. It's been a great run, a lot longer than some shows get (Firefly? American Gothic?), and while there have been some clunker episodes here and there it's been, for the most part, some of the most fun and imaginative TV ever. Last night's episode was enjoyable, not the greatest but still engrossing...Whedon seems to be really setting us up to like Andrew for some reason. Care to guess why? There's just so much going on that I can't even begin to speculate on how it's going to all be resolved. This is the last sweeps episode for a while, unfortunately, so I'll just have to keep on guessing. Also, the question remains about who or what will be the central character in the proposed spinoff series. Conventional wisdom for a while said Eliza Dushku's Faith, but apparently she's signed on to do another TV show so your guess is as good as mine. Hope it's not Kennedy, though– I don't completely trust her and she's really annoying most of the time.

Music the last two days: Zappa/Mothers-Uncle Meat (again, I know-I've been in a mood), The Essential Johnny Cash (big surprise there), George Harrison-All Things Must Pass, Elvis Costello-Mighty Like A Rose, Steve Earle-Jerusalem, Electric Light Orchestra-Out of the Blue.

No comments: