Tuesday, February 11, 2003

These are people who died, died, died...

I don't know whether it's in the best of taste, but when I checked out the link to Priscilla Lane's grave site, it took me to a site called Find A Grave. Thought what the hell, I'm here, why not look up some other celebrities while I'm having morbid fun– so I looked up Harry Nilsson's grave, located at Pierce Brothers Valley Oaks Memorial Park & Mortuary in California. Turns out that not only is Harry interred in that particular boneyard, but so is the great Jack Kirby! And not only those two but also songwriter Hoyt Curtin, former Toto (eww) keyboardist Marty Paich, and alleged O.J. Simpson victim Ronald Goldman!

Maybe I should have saved this for Halloween, I don't know...but that kinda freaked me out a little that two people from two totally different walks of life that had such a huge influence on me in my formative years would be buried in the same cemetery. Just shows ta go ya- you never know.

If you'd like to go looking for dead celebrities' stones yourself, click on the link above... for the rest of you, I apologize for the subject matter and will strive to do better in the future.

No comments: