Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Looking at the Diamond Shipping List for tomorrow, I spy with my little eye the following that I'll be picking up:

NEVERMEN STREETS OF BLOOD #2 (Of 3)
CATWOMAN #16
GLOBAL FREQUENCY #5 (Of 12)
HELLBLAZER #181
JLA #78
LEGION #17
VERTIGO X PREVIEW
DAREDEVIL #44
X-STATIX #8
STRANGERS IN PARADISE VOL III #56


And a couple of special cases:
MOONSTONE NOIR MYSTERIOUS TRAVELER (MR) $5.50
HELLBOY WEIRD TALES #1 $2.99


I'll most likely be having them put the Hellboy book in my folder just in case, but that comic is supposed to be my winnings in the football bet Michele and I made a month or two ago. If she remembers, then I'll be getting it from her and I won't buy it from my comics shop. Trevor Von Eeden, in our phone conversation yesterday, mentioned that he would be sending me an advance copy of the Mysterious Traveller book that he did art chores on, so I'll have to wait and see on that one too.

Otherwise, looks like another painful week for my wallet. I'm especially looking forward to the JLA book, which features the regular team of Kelly, Mahnke and Nguyen for the first time in what seems like ages. Obsidian ages, as a matter of fact, yuk yuk. I kill me. Also, the Legion looks good from previews and the Vertigo sampler might be worth a look, since it's supposed to feature advance looks at most of the new titles coming out from that imprint. Since Mike Carey took over, I always look forward to reading his Hellblazer as well. I might have to bust out the ol' $5 coupon I've been holding on to for a few weeks now.

No comments: