Tuesday, January 07, 2003

While I'm flattered that Neilalien has chosen to link to me, and quote me, if you've come here after clicking the aforementioned link, know that my quote was taken out of context. It makes me sound a lot more anti-Journal than I really am. My decison to stop buying TCJ regularly had less to do with its overall editorial slant and more to do with simple economics. The perceived negativity and cynicism was indeed a factor, but not the only one. I still buy the occasional issue, like I said in the full quote, when it features an creator I want to read about and I have a light spending week.

Scroll down ten posts to read the actual piece in question, and please check out the comments where Bill Sherman, the Pop Culture Gadabout (and former Journal contributor), and I discuss it further.

Just wanted to set the record straight. Neilalien has no comment function on his site for me to argue my case over there.

No comments: