Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Kinda chalky.

Excellent Buffy episode tonight. I'm trusting Giles a bit more...it would indeed be the most obvious thing to have him be a manifestation of the First Evil, which leads me to think that they won't go that way. I'd still like to know how he managed to avoid decapitation... As always, lotsa yuks to go along with the "who's really who" uneasiness.

I wonder where the hell Faith is during all this? Besides off making movies, that is.

I just wish I could watch an episode of BTVS without wondering why her jaw doesn't get broken when a monster that just powderized a concrete block with one punch hits her, and how she never seems to break any bones when she hits them, or why, when you become a vampire you automatically become the second coming of Bruce Lee, or why nobody ever drives around in Sunnydale in the early evening when eyeless zombie monks go walking all over the place, and where the hell everybody's (well, we know about Buff and Dawny's) parents are and why they never call their kids, and why the hell people want to live in Sunnydale anyway, with its presumably astronomical death rate...and why this silly show so convincingly coerces us to suspend our disbelief and accept these unbelieveable goings-on.

I know, I know. It's only a TV show. Shut up, Johnny, and enjoy it for what it is. And I do.

No comments: