Friday, September 05, 2008

I'm working on reviews, honest, but in the meantime I want to take a minute of your time and "hip" you (I don't blab the drab gab, I chatter hep patter) to the sale that the fine folks at TOP SHELF COMIX are putting on right now. But don't take my word for it- this is what they have to say:

To celebrate The Surrogates movie wrapping principal photography, surviving San Diego, and all the cool new summer and fall releases, for the next ten days -- thru Friday September 12th -- Top Shelf is having a giant $3 graphic novel web sale. When you visit the site, you'll find over 125 graphic novels and comics on sale -- with 90 titles marked down to just $3 (!) and a slew of other key titles just slashed!

Any help y'all could give in getting the word out on the sale would be greatly appreciated (as we only do this about once every two years).

To go directly to the list of items on sale, just click here:
http://www.topshelfcomix.com/specialdeals

Here are a few sample sale items:
-- $3 Books: Comic Book Artist, I Am Going To Be Small,
Lower Regions, Regards from Serbia, That Salty Air,
-- $3 Books: Alec - After the Snooter, The Mirror of Love,
The King, Fox Bunny Funny, plus 90 more!
-- Slashed Prices: From Hell Hardcover, Lost Girls, Blankets,
Too Cool To Be Forgotten, Owly, Korgi, and more!
-- Slashed Prices: Super Spy, Essex County Trilogy,
Incredible Change-Bots, The Surrogates, and more!
-- Freebies with every order: Yearbook Stories,
The 2008 Top Shelf Sampler, and Owly & Friends!

Please note that Top Shelf now accept PayPal (as well as Visa,
MasterCard, Amex, and Discover -- all secure), and that this
sale is good for "direct market" retailers as well (and comic
book shops will get their wholesale discount on top of these
sale prices).


This fulfills my Good Neighbor Comics Blogger duties for the month. I don't mind shilling for TS because they all seem to be very cool people, plus they have sent me boxloads of books in the past so I am kinda beholden to them. I only wish that someday they would put out an affordable edition of Lost Girls... I'd love to read that one but no can do the hardcover. One of the many titles on sale is James Kochalka's rude and hilarious and NSFW (for language, if nothing else) Superf*ckers, which I wish would come out again already...here's a page!

No comments: