Friday, July 27, 2007



Don't expect any in-depth, extensive analysis of all the SDCC news, (and tell the truth, you weren't anyway, were you?) but I did spy a couple of things so far that fall into a good news/not so good news sort of thing, and they are as follows:

Matt Wagner will do Madame Xanadu as a Vertigo character.. Although more often as not any attempted DCU-to-Vertigo crossover is made of disaster (see: Deadman), Wagner is saying all the right things in that interview, and I really like the above art sample, by Amy Hadley, whose previous work was on the manga Fool's Gold...which explains why I'd never heard of her. Also playing a prominent part in the series will be the Phantom Stranger, which is, as you may recall if you've read me for any length of time, a favorite character of mine. Even though I haven't been crazy about the Vertiginous PS as he was prtrayed in the '90s, I don't think they're inclined to do him that way anymore so I guess we will see what we will see.

In the not-so-good category: Darwyn Cooke's announcement that he will be leaving The Spirit comic after issue #12. Honestly, I've been a bit disappointed with Cooke's take; it's been far from bad, and he certainly has had a hard act to follow, but it certainly hasn't been as good as I hoped when the book was announced. It also means one less venue by which I can see J.Bone's work, a bad thing for sure. Anyway, no word as to who will replace him- I wouldn't be unhappy to see someone like Jeff Smith have a shot, though.


Later- FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS! And maybe even more reviews...I'm still not caught up, and I got a new box today! I am so behind...

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, I started a DeviantArt page. Don't worry, I haven't done anything new, it's got the same old bunch of crap you've all seen before. I just was curious to see if I would get any comments. Besides "YOU SUCK!", that is.

No comments: