Friday, July 13, 2007



Before I decided to scan the comics page I used for Friday Night Fights, see below plizz, I thought I'd take the "easy" way out and see if I could turn up a good fight scene, involving some obscure character I like, on Google. Not having my entire collection here at home forces me into that sort of thing, y'know.

Anyway, whilst sailing the Google Image Sea, I came across the website of former Legion of Super-Heroes circa 1994-1999 or so artist Jeffrey Moy. Of chief interest to me was a page full of sketches of the "Archie Legion"-era character Kinetix, whom I've always had a soft spot for, and sadly no longer exists in the current dreary Legion continuity. Many appear to have been colored by fans; I recognize the usernames of many of my old DC Legion of Message Board Posters buddies on a couple. A couple feature some unused costume designs which point at directions that were planned for her; it's interesting to see the difference between what was discussed and what actually happened.

Well, it is for me, anyway, because I like the character. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

Also interesting, to me, is how Moy's sketches look more looser and more lively than the finished work (usually inked by others) that appeared in the comics- often, his often babyfaced and stylized LSH looked like Campbell's Soup Kids! But as shown on his site, that's not always the case.

The above pic is one of those sketches, featuring her mid-period costume (I kinda liked the later one a bit better, but it's all good), the scan of which I tweaked and cleaned up a bit in Photoshop to make the linework show darker.

Ta.

No comments: