Thursday, January 04, 2007

No time or energy to write much tonight- plus I've been watching TCM all evening, basking in some Joan Blondell/Ginger Rogers radiance.

So here's something I found the other night on YouTube- a promo video by Todd Rundgren, from his 1974 LP Todd, and it's an odd choice: not the undeserved flop single "A Dream Goes on Forever", but the track before it on the original side one, "An Elpee's Worth of Toons", which is just Todd goofing around in the studio in service of a ditty about the pressure to put out hit records, and perhaps the temptation to use one's charisma as a rock star to influence others. Some ditty! Too bad this album wasn't in young Bono's collection...

Finding this was particularly opportune because I have been listening to my newly acquired CD copy, purchased at the Great Escape in Nashville last Saturday. Hey, I still have my vinyl, but I can't listen to it on the Interstate that way! Anyway, here it is. And it's less than 2 minutes long!

No comments: