Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Looks like they've cancelled The Boys. I am a little at a loss to describe how I feel about that.

On the one hand, it was Garth Ennis doing more of That Thing He Does, without fail, and That Thing was getting stale not even before Hitman wrapped. I had no doubt that we'd have some sort of military subplot before its run was through.

On the other hand, self-derivative as it was, at least Ennis was trying a little, just a little, to give his characters a few shades of color besides black and white and blood red...and that had me interested.

I'm also a little surprised that they'd give Garth the bum's rush like that; he's long removed from his Preacher/Hitman glory days, but I thought he was a big enough name to still get some slack from the Powers That Be.

Oh well, that's three bucks I can spend on something else. I'm sure that there will be more to come on this story...


And sure enough, I was right!

Found at the Beat is Ennis' response:

It's become obvious to all concerned that The Boys should never have been published at DC, and to their credit they?re working hard to release the rights so that Darick and I can find the book a new home. We're already looking at offers from a number of publishers, and plan to return with #7 and the first trade collection in a matter of a few months.


Well, that takes care of that!



Reviews are coming soon, I pwomise. Humor me and act like that's good news, OK?

No comments: