Friday, May 16, 2008

Now, I haven't done the math so don't hold me to it, but it certainly seems to me that since Image and Paul Grist announced that they would be putting Jack Staff out on a monthly basis, we have seen as many issues in the last 12 months than we saw in 2005 and 2006 combined. And no matter what some might have you believe, this is a very good thing. "Fail" is such a harsh word.

Anyway, as you may have surmised by now, there's a new Jack on the rack this week (or perhaps it was last week- when you get your books bi-weekly you lose track). Here's the rest of what I'll be getting (hopefully) today:

JACK STAFF #16
ABE SAPIEN: THE DROWNING #4
OMEGA THE UNKNOWN #8

THE BOYS #18: Hey! My first regular issue in almost a year!

CASANOVA #14: I wish I could see what others see in this series, which I somehow manage to enjoy even though I usually always find it needlessly convoluted and a little too in love with its own cleverness.

B.P.R.D.: 1946 #5: On the other hand, I have no trouble enjoying this, and it's looking like a sure-fire JBS Best of 2008.

NUMBER OF THE BEAST #3
100 BULLETS #91

And that's it! Unless I go down to my not-so-local comics shop in the next couple of days...

No comments: