Thursday, November 02, 2006


A Bacardi Show Birthday Greeting is in order for one of the titans, Sturdy STEVE DITKO, who turns 79 today. Ditko's work regularly blew my young mind in the 60's and 70's, not only on his stellar runs on Spider-Man (including one of my first and most favorite issues ever ('cause it's just so damn funny- maybe one of Stan's finest hours as well), #16's Daredevil team-up) and Doctor Strange, but also his beautifully inkwashed efforts for the early issues of Warren's Creepy and Eerie as well as the odd Charlton Comics title such as Captain Atom and Blue Beetle. In fact, I had planned to scan and post one of Ditko's finest hours, artwise, of the 60's- his story Demon Sword from Eerie #8...but I have apparently placed my yellowed, coverless copies of the two issues of that title I own, one of which is that esteemed #8, in a box or something somewhere and can't find it. I had also planned to scan one of the Grandenetti stories in those same magazines and post them on scans_daily, but that's a no go until I locate them as well. Like Myron and his Voodoo Doll, I gotta find those books! Anyway, please make do with the above cover for Beware the Creeper #1, and if I ever come across those mags, scan them I will!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Also, today marks the 25th anniversary of the death of another of the titans, my old pen pal, WALLACE WOOD. I hope he's in a better place.

No comments: