Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yeah, I know. No comics reviews, or movie comments either. They're in draft status, I'll have you know. Sadly, not much energy lately, except to sit and stare at the tube or post pithy comments on other people's blogs. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's other things. Who the heck knows.

I did watch Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter tonight- hoo boy. Words fail me, as usual.

Anyway, I'll try to get back in the saddle soon- in the meantime, if you haven't already, go check out the free online preview of SciFi Network's animated Amazing Screw-On Head. I did so last Sunday, and I didn't think it was too bad. Well, the animation was a little fussy and stiff in that animated Spawn or Boondocks way, the writers just don't have the knack for deadpan absurdity like Mignola does, and it pales when compared to the original one-shot, but it did have its moments and it is downright odd to see Mignola's style animated. Pretty good voice casting, too, although Molly Shannon didn't really bring much to the table as evil vampiress Patience.

Maybe they shoulda got Murielle Varhelyi.

No comments: