Monday, July 24, 2006

Check out this eight-page preview of Rick Veitch's early 80's masterpiece, Abraxas and the Earthman!

Veitch has done many fine, excellent even, things since this, but Abraxas is a heady mix of wild-ass ideas, action, metaphysics, psychology, and adventure, all couched in a Moby Dick-ian premise, that I don't think he's topped since- and that includes Brat Pack, Maximortal, and his Swamp Thing run, all of which I liked quite a bit. The coloring looks really nice here, too, although I don't have my old Epics handy to compare.

And since I still have those issues, in which Abraxas was serialized, I'm not sure if I want to drop the cash for the new collection. I suppose it's too late to order it from DCBS, but perhaps they'll have it in backlist stock. I'll have to ponder.

Anyway, thanks to the Mighty Jog for the heads-up!

No comments: