Thursday, May 24, 2007



Y'know, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to defend Fate or not. 6 issues in, and those are some pretty bad comics, in that way that only mid-90's comics could be.

That said, if I recall correctly, I actually started buying this title off the rack with issue #14, then picked up the back issues for cheap when I could. I went ahead to #14, and although I didn't reread it, it seems a heck of a lot better than the first half dozen did for sure. Artists Anthony Williams and Andy Lanning had grown into their style by then, which started out as a real awkward Image-style endeavor, all gritting jaws and impossibly long legs, and the underrated Len Kaminski had settled into a groove.

Say, did you know that none other than Steven Grant co-wrote a handful of issues with Kaminski? I probably noticed at the time, but that was years before I came to "know" him via the Internet and his Permanent Damage column.

I've also been pecking away at reviews, so hopefully I'll have more stuff later on.

No comments: