Thursday, March 01, 2007

Links, anyone?
First, via Datajunkie comes some 50's Science Fiction illustration work from Mad's Don Martin and some late 60's work from Vaughn Bode (Cheech Wizard).

Here's the Joe Kelly interview that everyone else has linked to. Don't buy and couldn't care less about his run on Supergirl, not really feeling the need for positive female superhero role models (although I certainly don't begrudge actual teenage girls any where they can find them- not in this book, for sure), but I liked his work on Justice Leagueand Justice League Elite with Doug Mahnke and Tom Nguyen.

What's a "Spurtyn Duyvil", you may ask? Get your mind out of the gutter- it was a supernatural beastie that caused a lot of trouble for Cusack the Tuscarora and Doot of the Wawenoc in the second and third issues of Timespirits . Please forgive the self-reference there- info about this series is impossible to find online. I wish I had time to create a really good Timespirits webpage...! Anyway, the reason I bring it up is because Steve Bissette, who has become the go-to guy on the Intarwub for information about the upcoming 'Spirits trade collection, since he's a friend of the creators and will write the introduction, has posted a sketch he did of that monster, and I think you should go see it. Whew, what a sentence.

And speaking of self-reference, here's something I, me, mine did: I lost my scans_daily cherry the other day, posting some pages ganked from John Findlay's Tex Arcana just to see what kind of reaction I'd get. Not much, as it turned out. Le sigh. One person commenting on my LJ icon, and another who observed that the Tex's narrator, the EC-goes-West "Ol' Claim Jumper" (His dyin wuz painful, and he deserved it"), looked like John Astin. That is true, but I guess nobody cares unless it's snarky Batman or manga. Which doesn't mean I won't post something else one of these days, heh heh.

Oh well, that's all I have for now.

No comments: