Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I haven't done this in a while, so I think I'll run down my list of comics I'll be getting as soon as my DCBS shipment arrives.

DAREDEVIL #84: Brubaker & Lark's dreary DD in jail debut continues. Wish I could work up more enthusiasm, but I can recall a time when ol' Hornhead used to have some fun as he fought crime.

MANHUNTER #21: I wish I could get the back issues I don't have, so I can get up to speed. Anyway, it's One Year Later, but except for Chase having bad taste in sack buddies, nothing much seems to have changed.

BITE CLUB: VAMPIRE CRIME UNIT #1: As I recall, I wasn't especially overexcited by the first series, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why I signed up for the sequel. Guess I was in the mood for some Chaykinsnark, and honestly, even though I still don't think he's especially right for this type of story, I kinda like David Hahn's art these days.

HELLBLAZER #219: Here's another book which is still readable, and I'm still interested, but I'm not breathlessly awaiting each monthly installment.

TESTAMENT #5: I tried to drop this title, but the order was already in place for this and #6 so I'm stuck I guess. I'll try to make the best of it.

NEXT WAVE #4: At least Ellis isn't as cynical as Frank Miller. Yet.

TRUE STORY SWEAR TO GOD VOL 1 TP: Yes, I'm finally getting this.

MICHAEL CHABON PRESENTS ADVENTURES OF THE ESCAPIST VOL 3 TP: Here's another one that I don't recall why I ordered it but I'm thinking perhaps it has the Spirit/Escapist story. Y'know, I still haven't finished Kavalier and Clay...

SEVEN SOLDIERS: FRANKENSTEIN #4: Finally, one I'm actually looking forward to reading! Then, I suppose I'll have to persevere until Seven Soldiers #1 finally comes along.

POLLY & THE PIRATES #5: I watched a great deal of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the other day, and was reminded of this series. Why, I cannot say.

SOLO #10: DOn't know jack diddley about this Scott fella, and the preview pages I saw over at PopCultureBuzzscopeShockedelica were a mixed bag, to put it kindly.

DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON #4: I'm kinda looking forward to this one, too- the last couple of issues have been pretty darn good.

And that, as the pig says, is all, f-f-folks!

No comments: