Saturday, February 04, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh. Yeah. Guess I have to pick the Super Bowl winner, huh.

It ain't gonna be easy.

Both teams are very evenly matched. Pittsburgh's swarming defense will find Seattle's capable O-line a tougher nut to crack. Both teams have outstanding running attacks. Both feature unproven passers with a good tight end and one outstanding receiver (Hines Ward, Darrell Jackson). Seattle's offense is slightly more effective than its defense, but Pittsburgh's defense is slightly more effective than their offense, which cancels each other out. Both teams have excellent coaches- the always gutty and gritty Bill Cowher for the Steelers, and the somewhat more genial but more intense-than-I've-ever-seen-him Mike Holmgren for the 'Hawks.

Plus, I like both teams. There's no one team I can't stand participating, which makes it harder. I have friends, both online and "real-world", that like the Hawks, but I can't let that influence my judgment.

So who's it gonna be, Dave? I hear you shouting at the screen.

Oh, by the way, my playoff picks record stands at 8-2. In case you're keeping score.

ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT! MY PICK.

It's gonna end in a tie. BWAH-HA-HA!

Nah. God, this is hard. Just pick one, Dave. All right, I'm ready. (deep breath)

THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

For one reason. The Broncos had a real good offensive line, too, and Pittsburgh had their way with them. That, and first time visitors to the big game tend to come away empty-handed. Just ask Dan Reeves and Jamal Anderson.

Which doesn't mean I'll cry if the Seahawks defy the odds and win...

No comments: