Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm back, and I have good news!

...yeah, I'm trying to get the book -- a graphic novel reprinting all 8 issues, with some new material by me and Yeates, and an intro by Steve Bissette -- you should check out his MYRANT blog and promote it -- in front of as many people as possible, and have pretty much embarked on an unabashed campaign of shameless hype. How bout a mention?

I got invited to Megacon in Orlando, too, as a guest. First con in 20 years.


So saith Timespirits co-creator/author Stephen Perry, in an email I received this morning!

What he's referring to is the upcoming release of, as he refers to, a trade paperback collecting the entire run of that Epic/Marvel series from the 1980's, one which you all know I have a great deal of affection and high regard for. I named it as one of my all-time favorite comics series a year or two ago right here in this very blog, as well as (logically enough) one of what I consider to be the best series of that rambunctious decade. I hope each and every one of you reading this will take this as an opportunity to check out something which was as quirky, imaginative and even warmhearted as it got back then, and don't worry, I'll be reminding you when it sees release.

As promised, here's MYRANT, Steve Bissette's blog, which will be linked to as soon as I get around to the massive renovation of the Mighty Mighty Linklist.

For good measure, here's the Comics Journal Messboard post in which Perry announced this news, and misquoted yours truly in the process (I never said it was 10 best of the 80's), but it's cool, believe me;

Also, here's the Vanguard publishing site. No news there yet, in fact, the news site hasn't been updated in months. There is, however, a cool picture of Jim Steranko with longtime cover artist Basil Gogos.

No comments: