Saturday, July 04, 2009

Obligatory holiday post.


Since it's Independence Day aka Fourth of July, here's good old Uncle Sam booking along in a Jeep with his boy sidekick, that appears in practically every cover he appeared in whilst headlining National Comics. Where are all the snarkers who endlessly recycle old Batman ("papa spank" "Joker's Boners") and Superman panels when it comes to the personification of the Spirit of America-turned-superhero-Axis-smasher? Aw, I don't know and I don't want to see it, either. But anyway, Happy 4th to you all.

Apologies for being silent here all week; I am working on reviews but those things take me forever these days, even as shortish as they generally are. I have also revisited a series a posts I did two years ago and have been promising to finish ever since...maybe, just maybe I'll get 'em done this time! Thanks for your patience.

No comments: