Friday, June 26, 2009

Living in the Future. Sort of.

I first started this two days ago, when my DCBS shipment actually was in the future. However, I have once more procrastinated long enough to where the blog title actually no longer applies. I'm too lazy to think of another, though, so it stays.

Anyway, since I'm all caught up on comics reviews, mostly, here's another one of those "comics I'm gonna be getting today and reviewing eventually" posts that I know everyone loves so much.

INCOGNITO #4: Maybe you can resist the charms of Brubaker and Phillips, but I cannot.

CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI 13 #14: More vampire-fighting thrills in this lame duck comic which I expect will have one or two more nifty twists before it's done.

WASTELAND TP BOOK 4: DOG TRIBE: I've been buying this in trades after getting the first one gratis from Oni. I wish I liked it more than I did, but I'm interested enough, obviously, to keep buying. As post-apocalyptic Mad Max style thrillers go, you could do worse.

MYSTERIUS THE UNFATHOMABLE #6: FInal issue of this mostly-enjoyable series. I like the concept, I like the characters, I hope enough trades sell so we can see more.

HELLBLAZER #256: I wish everything in life was as consistent and reliable as this title.

POWER GIRL #2: I hope there's a little more fun this time out, but by the solicits and reviews I've seen that doesn't seem to be the case. If you can't have fun with PG, then why bother? Bring Terra back for more shopping!

EMPOWERED TP VOL. 5: I'd buy this for the art alone, but I must admit I'm surprised that Warren's been able to wring as much story out of the mostly one-note setup as he has.

THUNDERBOLTS #133: My monthly Yelena fix.

DETECTIVE COMICS #854: The advance art I've seen from this is incredible; this could be the series that cements J.H. Williams III's place in the comics art firmament. Now, if only DC would let Rucka bring Cameron Chase into the storyline. And let D.C. Johnson write it.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1: My newfound obsession with Poison Ivy is put to the test here; the preview looks like a dreary affair, with artist Guillem March demonstrating that as an interior illustrator, he makes a really good cover artist.

HEROGASM #2: C'mon and wallow in the muck with your Master of Ceremonies, Garth Ennis!

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #14: The ongoing saga of Stark's flight from Normie Osborn, as well as the further tribulations of Pepper Potts and Maria Hill. This plays like a weekly TV series, and that's no coincidence.

PHONOGRAM 2: THE SINGLES CLUB #3: Now that Gillen and McKelvie have my attention, will they keep it? We'll see...

MADAME XANADU #12: More gaw-jus Kaluta art, and more (I'd imagine) girl-on-girl action, for those who like such things.

DAREDEVIL #119: This will be a somber affair as always, I'd imagine. Ain't no sunshine in DD's world.

INCREDIBLE HERCULES #130: More laffs and thrills from the best comic you're probably not reading.

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #28: I just read #27 the other night; this is part two of the marking-time issues by Jerry Ordway. Ordway bores me, but the first part was OK.

And that's about it! Now, if only UPS does its part...

No comments: