Monday, June 18, 2007



Beatle Birthday time- sending along a Bacardi Show Birthday Greeting to Sir Paul McCartney, 65 today.

In case you haven't seen it, here's the video for his latest single "Dance Tonight", from Memory Almost Full, which has apparently sold very well in the first days of its release. Look for none other than Natalie Portman playing some sort of fairy ghost or something.



Actually, I really like that song; it reminds me of something the great Ronnie Lane would have recorded in 1974 or so, or perhaps of Jimmy Page's two-year mandolin fixation via Led Zeppelin III and IV.

Two years ago, I posted a list of my favorite McCartney solo (well, with Wings too but you know what I mean) tracks. And here she be. Perhaps I should do my favorite Macca/Wings albums, since you can buy them all on iTunes now.

And thus concludes my cynicism-free birthday greeting for Sir Paul. I reserve the right to be all snarky in the future. You'd think that people would have had enough of Paul McCartney; I look around me and I see it isn't so. Oh no. (I never get tired of that joke. "We KNOW", I hear you all say.)

No comments: