Saturday, June 28, 2008

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


RIP Michael Turner, who passed away last night at age 37.

I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that I've been a fan of his work; generally, I've always found it the complete opposite of everything that I hold dear when it comes to sequential graphics. Somewhere in my collection I have the first couple of issues of his Fathom, but two issues was as far as I could go. That said, he seemed to be a dependable craftsman and enthusiastic entrepreneur, and seemed to be very well liked in the comics community in general- and who's to say his best work wasn't ahead of him? Plus, he did a hell of a lot more with his talent that I ever did, so what I think means nothing.

37 is too damn young to die, I do know that. So rest easy, Mr. Turner, and know that many have marked your passing with sadness.

No comments: